VETERANS - WORLD WAR II PLAZA
General Information & Benefits
Veterans Memorial
Soldiers & Sailors Monument
World War II
Government Markers
Historical Cannons

World War II Plaza - After World War II, the community and the War Mothers requested a new veteran's section from the Trustees of Woodside. The Trustees dedicated seven (7) acres to the veterans associations of Middletown (Section 3). The War Mothers asked the community to help raise money to finance the 167 white marble crosses, the flag pole, the WWII Memorial Plaza and the Memorial Chapel. The work began immediately after WWII (1945). The Memorial Chapel was dedicated in 1950. The 167 white Marble crosses, Memorial Plaza and the Flag Pole were completed also.

back to top